Tuesday, April 11, 2017

#10 reflection and tech in the classroom

I would like to be teaching art to high schoolers, and I think that I could use both data collection and reporting in my classroom. Excel would be a great tool to help me organize my grades for individual assignments, keep records of student progress, see trends in grades over all and on individual assignments, as well as make it easy to calculate final grades. I would like to use data collection after assignments to evaluate students feelings on them, which would allow me to make changes or improvements for the next school year.

The blogs that I found most interesting reviewing were the ILPs. These assignments showed the creativity of my classmates and allowed me to be exposed to new forms of technology and new ideas that I could use in my classroom. The posts were really well written and often included programs I had never heard of before or thought to use in an educational setting.

The next tech skill that I would like to learn would be a better understanding of Photoshop. As a future art teacher, I think that this is a pretty basic program that can be used in many different ways in the classroom. I would like to be able to teach this to my students and incorporate technology in my curriculum. I could work on developing this skill by taking on the lynda classes that fsu offers for free to students as well as just going into the program and exploring the tools.

5 comments:

  1. I would also love to learn about Photoshop! I think that software is so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Photoshop is a really cool program that I had the chance to work with in High School. Taking Lynda classes would be a great way to help you develop Photoshop skills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo, Photoshop! What's so interesting is that there is a plethora of apps that offer similar services with a user-friendly interface. For example, touching up photos (pimples, teeth, brightening...)? Try FaceTune. I kind of wonder if it's reign on photo editing software will be outdated...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked seeing everyones IPLs as well. I enjoy how creative everyone can be. After coding I think I'll try to learn photoshop as well. It has always interested me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need Photoshop learning as well. I have attended workshops... I have tried. I know the concept of masking, etc. And I am still a Photoshop failure. Yes, before I leave FSU, I am taking a Lynda course and becoming proficient (damn it).

    ReplyDelete

#10 reflection and tech in the classroom

I would like to be teaching art to high schoolers, and I think that I could use both data collection and reporting in my classroom. Excel wo...